First of all Landon must know that babies arrival is near, he is starting to act out! Talking back, mocking you, and ohhh the whining. It probably has to do with age and being cooped up in the house all winter and being teased with nice weather one day.....snow the next. He is still doing great in school, today they got to see a real bunny and he thought that was SOOO COOL. Thank God he doesn't know you can buy them at the pet store, i won't own a bunny.
I found out that I did not pass my 3 hour glucose test, so I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and I am not the least bit surprised. It's the way my medical luck goes. So I was told to cut out pop, sweets, carbs and anything that turns into sugar. Oh yeah and try to keep putting on weight. So it's water, chicken, fish (yuck), tuna (semi-yuck) and fresh fruit and veggies. What kind of pregnant diet is that?!?! Anyway I am doing be best to follow it because having GD can lead to preeclampsia which I had with Landon and I don't want to have it with these little ones. So like I said I am doing my best.
Babies are still active, mostly at night and I have been going to the doctor to have sonograms and stress tests (too often I think), they did notice that I was having a few contractions but I couldn't feel them so they said just take it easy. We got our maternity pictures taken and they are super cute, I can't wait to pick them up and hang them in the twins room.
My baby shower was last weekend and it was great! My mom and Cambree did a wonderful job, my mom always puts her special touch on things and its greatly appreciated. I got a lot of great things that we really needed. Of course I have everything washed and put away and I have started laying out things to pack my bag for the hospital. I am so thankful to have carried the babies this far and felt great while doing it. I am sure the next 6 weeks are not going to be so easy but I am keeping these babies in here until 36 weeks, unless my water breaks I won't be walking (waddling) into labor and delivery. I want to go there, have them "vaginally" stay for 2-3 days and then all 5 of us to come home together. At least that is what I am hoping for, I know it's not always the way it happens but I am optimistic and I know that helps!!!
Landon is patiently waiting for his brother and sister to come home, poor little guy I don't think he has a clue. I am starting to get a little anxiety about it not just being the 3 of us. It has just been him for almost 4 years and I know he is not the first kid to adjust but I hope it goes smoothly and he still thinks "I rule the world"!!
Nick is back on days and the poor guy is adjusting. First of all, all of us are thankful he has a job but it's hard to go from nights to days and then back. I couldn't have picked a better man, for several reason, but especially when it comes to work ethic. He gets up everyday and goes to work and rarely complains. When he is laid off he finds something to keep busy! He is a great husband and father and we are lucky to have him!! xoxo
I am patiently waiting for nice weather so we can get out of this house and hang out with all of our friends and thier new babies. It's going to be an interesting summer!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
LOTS OF UPDATES
Posted by The Dissmeyer "5" at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment